Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Will Study For Food

Since we're now seniors, that means college applications and scholarships. To be honest, I haven't really been looking into scholarships yet, but it is something that I need to do. I've been so overwhelmed with school work, ACT/SAT prep, and college applications that I haven't devoted any time into researching scholarships. I need scholarships so that I can actually go to a college of my choice and further my education to start on the path for my future career. I need scholarships so I don't make my parents go bankrupt and have to sell their house. I don't really have a goal of how much money I would like to receive from scholarships; I will be thankful for anything I get. Every little bit pf money adds up and helps out. One scholarship that I absolutely will be applying for is the Santa Barbara Foundation Scholarship. This foundation gives scholarships to quite a few students, in hope that a lack of money won't stop them from attending college. Scholarship awards range from $500 to $5,000 per academic year. Recipients must maintain full-time status and a minimum 2.0 GPA to remain eligible. Recipients are eligible for 4 years of undergraduate funding and 4 years of medical/graduate level funding. Beginning now, I am going to research other scholarship opportunities that are available to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment