Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Reflections on Week #1

1. In this class, I think I might be challenged with keeping up on all of my work due to the amount of time that must be spent on the computer. With my random schedule, some days I may not have as much time to access the computer as needed. Of course I will try my best to stay on track, but sometimes I may get behind and have to complete the assignment the following day. When I don't have access to the computer, I will try to do the work from my phone, but not all assignments are able to be done from it.
2. I think the best ever learning experience that happened to me happened this summer. This summer, I was lucky enough to be a part of the National Youth Leadership Forum: Careers in Medicine experience. This was a 9 day program where over a hundred other students and myself were able to stay at the dorms at UCLA and learn about the opportunities available in medicine. I learned a tremendous amount of things about the health care field and about myself. There is so much available out there that one can achieve if they are determined to. I became educated on college choices, the medical school process, and all of the diverse paths one may take. I was able to speak with medical students and health care professionals, participate in hands on medical activities and stimulations, and explore possible career paths. Throughout the entire program I was deeply engaged, and I found that I learn best by being able to visualize the topic at hand and be able to work with it hands on.
3. I am excited to explore open source learning but I am also concerned about it. It's something different which is exciting, but I also find new things to be nerve wracking. For me it's difficult to try new things. I want to be more optimistic and opened to open source learning and I look forward to gaining new knowledge and hopefully a new perspective. Any knowledge can be beneficial in one's life and hopefully the openness that comes with this learning will allow me to stray away from the typical "do the straightforward homework assignment" approach and try new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment